The youth of today ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
is a phrase we hear too often in a negative context, however I would like to use it in the context of a good news story.

Outside of cycling my other interest is rugby coaching, this season I am part of the coaching team of a Under 16 team. Last weekend we took them over to Worcestershire for a tour and it was fantastic experience. Both on and off the pitch the lads were fantastic. We laid down down ground rules and expectations and the lads did not let us down. Aside from the usual obsession with mobile phones they could not be faulted.

These are lads with many distractions, temptations and pressures in their lives but they did themselves proud.

No great revelations about the state of our youth just wanted to pass on the good news !

Levo-Lon

Guru
Rugby, that's what them university types play then become Dr's and lawyers ect.

Football kids are the bad uns :laugh: they become self centered fakes

Levo-Lon

Guru
Shall we say - behave and control themselves within the boundaries which were set ! There was still a degree of general mucking around and non-sense however.

Tf for that, kids that don't explore boundaries are the ones that get bullied. Or don't get lines and detention!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Having 3 kids all in their early 20s now, I have to say all the friends of theirs I've met are motivated, clever, honest, interesting and a credit to themselves.

ozboz

Guru
That’s a positive tale , good to hear, I was once involved in RU coaching , self discipline was not forced upon the Lads , it just seemed to I still itself at training and on the pitch , all the “Lads” are now family Men and 80% of them really thriving ,

Drago

Legendary Member
Rugby, that's what them university types play then become Dr's and lawyers ect.

I played, but never got a stethoscope or a set of golf clubs. In my day it was a gentleman's sport - no tacking above the waist, no gouging or stamping. Other than that you could slap smaller people around any way you liked! :laugh:

Daughter #3s feller plays for Wasps. He's a nice lad too.

Top Bottom