there and back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thiswayup

Hi, has anyone cycled from lizard point to dunnet head and back just wondering?.
To me that is the real end to end what do others think?.
regards mick.

funkingbaxter

The reason that it's Lands End to John o'Groats is that these are the two points on the British mainland that are furthest apart, rather than the Southern-/Northernmost ponts.

I haven't done a there & back, but I imagine quite a few people have...

snorri

Legendary Member
thiswayup said:

I think, if you tell most people you have cycled from Dunnet Head to Lizard Point they will look at you blankly. If you tell them you have cycled from LE to JoG they will be thoroughly impressed and ask you how many punctures you had en route.:sad:
I fully understand your 'real end to end' reasoning, but I'm afraid it will go down like a lead ballooon with most people, the sense of achievement will be yours and yours alone.
No reason not to do it though.:blush::biggrin:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I think the whole point of LEJOG is that it's the two places furthest apart. LP is further south, and DH further north, but I'm 99% sure they are closer together than LEJOG.

wyno70

To be perfectly honest, they were my initial sentiments but having just completed a JOGLE it's all rather irrelevant. What I mean by that is that I got off thetrain at Thurso and passed within 3 miles of Dunnet Head. I'd been there before by bike and didn't see the need to revisit it. Also as you get to Penzance you are probably within 12 miles of Lizard Point, so all in all you are talking an extra 30 miles on to an end to end trip. If you are that hung up about it then do it.

Having cycled 940 miles in 8 days, I had an amazing sense of achievment and adding another 30 miles would have proved nothing and meant little. I was at the stage where I wanted to get the job done ASAP and get back to my family. I loved every minute and wouldn't have changed what I did.

As others suggest, when you say you have done the End to End people are very impressed. Dunnet head and lizard point are likely to mean very little to anyone that you mention them to.

In summary, it's your trip, your memories, do it your way. There is no right or wrong.

andrew miners

thiswayup said:
Hi, has anyone cycled from lizard point to dunnet head and back just wondering?.
regards mick.
doing lejog both ways june 25th 2010 , lizard point not a good start point hit loads of traffic in around truro in the summer :hello:

Top Bottom