There's a rat in mi garden what am I gunna do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
What a dreadful start to the day.

Big rats in our garden at the moment, I shot one with a borrowed air rifle but it took some doing. We are worried about rat droppings and the like and any effect on our dogs, but other half cannot really stand the thought of harming most animals.

So, a neighbour lent us a humane trap, quite large which I didnt consider sadly, set it last night with some bacon rind as the bait. Came down this morning and a poor hedgehog was trapped inside but, its leg had been caught in the spring loaded door. Other half was in tears as we rushed Mr. tiddiewinkles down the local vet. Happy ending, leg was not broken, only swollen so he/she is off to a recovery centre.

Now we will have to clear the entire overgrown area thats caused the problem. Oh well, maybe I can get a new bike shed out of it all :rolleyes:

classic33

Leg End Member
Weals Disease is one to watch for when there's a sudden increase in the rat population.
Especially if you're a fan of bottled beers at the local.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Seems our pond is now a friend as I was able to drown two of the sods, but we are now convinced this a new batch of young.

Apparently 6 to 24 in each litter!!!

Top Bottom