These any good ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sully

Über Member
"Giant Defy 4 size m/l triple, aluxx sl 6000 series frame ,shimano gears and. Brakes, triple chain set ,fantastic looking bike never been used on the road , please feel free to email me with any question or pictures thanks"

A tad above my budget but ?

Thanks Craig

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
The bike itself is good, the Defy series comes highly rated, how much is he after for it? and which year is it?
I would question why he's bought a bike and never used it on the road- i.e. does he have receipts etc?

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
To be fair he has a good reason, said it'd only been used on rollers in his garage, wanted £400 said I can have it £380 no idea what year, not sure he knows tbh, says it's like new ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A new one 2013 model is £600 so even if it is a few years old seems like a good buy, especially if only used on rollers. Is it the right size for you?

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
Said it's M -L frame 54-56 I'm 5"10 so I was thinking it should be right for me, said immaculate condition, are these any good for an entry level bike? Was looking at a Carrera TDF or Triban 3 ?

vickster

Legendary Member
I am 5'9 and the M'L was way too big for me, as was the M. I ended up with the women's Avail in an M

Look at Ashcycles for deals on new Defys. The 4 has 2300 or Sora? With thumb button?

Even so it'll certainly be better than the TDF and probably the triban too

vickster

Legendary Member
Blatent sexism ;)

I'd say for a Defy 4, it sounds quite high...but any used bike is only worth what a buyer will pay

Brand new here for £500 with £75 of free goodies

http://www.ashcycles.com/site/giant-defy-4-compact-2012-15percent-worth-of-free-goods

Still 2300 gearing, so guess the used one is the same

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
I've sat on it Vickster and the frame was half inch under my ;)
Shorter bike in terms of length than I'm used too but can't believe how light and responsive it is, also triple chain ring which is what I was after

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sounds like it will be fine for you. If you can push him a bit on the price so much the better, wave £350 under his nose. Go for it!

OP
OP
Sully

Sully

Über Member
Currently sitting in my garage, suppose a bike is worth what your prepared to pay for it, wow £400 for a new Defy 4, I've seen them as much as £650
Mine isn't pristine but it's very very good condition
Looking forward to having a spin on it :smile:
Are the Defy's any good ?

Top Bottom