These gears go up to 11...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cheers melvil. apparently churchill's dead too :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Melvil

User1314 said:
When I read the Title of the Post I thought it was a joke along Spinal Tap lines.

Guitarist: "My amp is loud because the numbers go up to 11. All other amps go up to 10."

Documentary maker: "Why don't you just make 10 louder?"

Guitarist (Confused): "These go up to 11."

Aye. It would be funny to see Nigel Tufnell on one of these campag beasts!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Most of the time, I don't need more than three, but then I live somewhere flat. Even in Northumberland though, I don't use more than about 12.

Arch said:
Most of the time, I don't need more than three, but then I live somewhere flat. Even in Northumberland though, I don't use more than about 12.

Remember that these things are designed for men where it's more a question of "want" rather than "need."

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
Remember that these things are designed for men where it's more a question of "want" rather than "need."

Ah, I suspect we're back to the multi bladed razor argument raging in another thread. Although, to be fair, there are a lot of pointless nonsenses marketed at women - face creams with the latest must-have pentapeptides etc.

gavintc

Guru
I think the point of 11 speed is that there are 2 demands; the race community reportedly want closer gears and an 11-23 cassette with 11 steps is better than 10 steps and secondly, there is the well heeled recreational cyclist who wants (must have) the latest bling. The 2nd cyclist will effectively pay for the pro team to have their smoother gear range.

I therefore do not think we will see much 11 sp Campag on the commute (for the next couple of years)

Top Bottom