They are off .......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

My mudguards, forecast for the next week is decent, I have a 25 mile TT at the end of it and won't be having mudguards on for that, so i've taken them off tonight. A nice psychological boost that the weather is turning, also rode in fingerless gloves tonight, lovely.

The cruds came off an awful lot easier than they went on, I hope I can get them back on easily when needed,

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
on wrong bike yesterday lunch time as no gaurds or water proofs for my quick 1.5 mile blast home , soaked all way down to pants

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

It's gonna rain all summer now and I'll blame you :ninja:

My work bike has guards all year round.

Still have guards on the hybrid, but am doing nearly all riding as training on the road bike. Don't need to commute so I'll take my chance on the weather for the next week, still looks ok for here.

Yep it will rain all summer :-) Are guards even allowed in a Time Trial?

What's the etiquette for shedding mudguards and club runs... is there a date? lunar phase? 1st Saturday after pancake day? :smile:
When other folk start doing it
smiley%20sheep.gif
with our unpredictable weather you can't set a date, it just seems to happen :smile:

edindave

Über Member
When other folk start doing it
smiley%20sheep.gif
with our unpredictable weather you can't set a date, it just seems to happen :smile:

Well I won't find out this weekend - can't make the club run tomorrow.
So will see at the following one. At which point I might just get banned from the club. But I've not had guards on the road bike and no point in putting them on now.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Guys..Guys...

It`s not even Spring yet. You could be up to your elbows in snow by the end of next week.

I hope not though because motorbike season starts next week in Denmark.

Steve

Well I won't find out this weekend - can't make the club run tomorrow.
So will see at the following one. At which point I might just get banned from the club. But I've not had guards on the road bike and no point in putting them on now.
iirc correctly the ERC are so big its pretty easy going about mud guards, lots of folk didn't have them but the DCC are a bit more vocal about it and only a few folk don't have them. If the weather/ temperature keeps up they won't be needed anyhow ;)

Top Bottom