They haven't replied to my e-mail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Phone them? Maybe they've been busy. Not everyone looks at email every day :smile:
Having a chat will better reveal any dodginess and will also show that you are a serious buyer, not taking the mick

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Phone them? Maybe they've been busy. Not everyone looks at email every day :smile:
Having a chat will better reveal any dodginess and will also show that you are a serious buyer, not taking the mick

I've left a message on their phone. I'll see if they get back to me.:smile: Do you reckon the bike's better than the Cube Agree ?

vickster

Legendary Member
I've left a message on their phone. I'll see if they get back to me.:smile: Do you reckon the bike's better than the Cube Agree ?
I don't know, not ridden either (although I know a couple of happy Gran Fondo owners). Get thee to Ribble and see what you think (you said you've tried the Cube already). Neither bike will be bad, just depends which is better/right for you

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know, not ridden either (although I know a couple of happy Gran Fondo owners). Get thee to Ribble and see what you think (you said you've tried the Cube already). Neither bike will be bad, just depends which is better/right for you

Yes i've tried the Cube, but you know what test runs are like, you have to take so much in in such a short time on a limited journey. A mate of mine's taking me to look at a few cars this afternoon. I might be cheeky and ask if he'll take me to Ribble as well.:whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
There is so much choice, you can procrastinate for ever waiting for the perfect bike or deal.
I didn't ride any carbon bike before buying my Pave (indeed, for roadbikes, I'd only ever had a brief round the block ride on a too big Bianchi at that point). I've not regretted it ever, still smile when I ride it (even if it is a bit black for me :whistle: )

This is what N+1 is for, having different bikes to choose from ;)

Definitely get your pal to take you to Ribble

Edit...I've just looked, I picked up the Pave 4 years ago today! And I still have it...and I have no intention of replacing it...wow it must have been the right one :ohmy:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/pimped-pearson-pave-carbon.80918/

Last edited:

toeknee

Über Member
Had an email off someone who they said were very very interested in my bike ( local as well ), didn't hear all day, sent an email last night to see if still interested, not heard a thing back, really gets on my nerves that. :angry:

vickster

Legendary Member
Had an email off someone who they said were very very interested in my bike ( local as well ), didn't hear all day, sent an email last night to see if still interested, not heard a thing back, really gets on my nerves that. :angry:
See my previous reply, maybe they've been busy? I never provide email addresses only a mobile number when selling on Gumtree and the like to avoid the scammers etc and so you can contact if needed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
@Accy cyclist last night??? I've not checked my email since this time yesterday. I'd text them if you have a mobile number. It's often easier to knock off a quick text reply than email, assuming they have email set up on their phone & as for voicemail - can't remember the last time I checked mine and when I do its usually when I've got a quiet 5 minutes (trap 3 at work - the one furthest from the window but usually with the best supply of bog roll) but am not in a position to call back and speak openly there and then.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've become quite adept at using ebay/gumtree etc. You get very used to these things.

People who are serious always call.

I've left three messages and called them three times but no reply! Whatever their circumstances you'd think someone wanting to sell something would give a mobile number and reply when someone inquires about the item for sale. They've either sold it and aren't bothering to tell me or it's a dodgy bike?

mythste

Veteran
I've left three messages and called them three times but no reply! Whatever their circumstances you'd think someone wanting to sell something would give a mobile number and reply when someone inquires about the item for sale. They've either sold it and aren't bothering to tell me or it's a dodgy bike?

You cant get your hopes up with Gumtree ads. There is zero accountability on the sellers behalf so maybe theyve just changed their mind about the sale or it's already sold.

Top Bottom