Thieving toe-rags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some lowlife has had my fixie away.

It was left in town, locked to a lamp-post and I was only gone half an hour, came back...gone, they even took the lock.

The pub across the road has a CCTV system but wouldn't review it, apparently only the police can do that.

As the picture below, but with a black Charge Spoon saddle and blue/black tyres

14068222_10154538370224198_7967517042699744515_n.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
The pub across the road is telling porkies. That'd be like saying you couldn't re/view footage from a camera you had placed on your property.

Have another word with them. And I hope you get it back.

Drago

Legendary Member
They take the lock to prevent the dibble having it dibbed and dabbed, but they needn't bother - since the Government closed the Forensic Science Service submissions now cost around £400 at one of the private providers, and few forces can afford it now for anything but the most serious crimes.

Hopefully the bike will turn up Biff, or the thieves will have a painful accident while riding it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's definitely worth trying to get the CCTV footage. My neighbour had his bike nicked from outside his house. Fortunately, he had previously installed a camera after his expensive motorbike was taken, and had footage of the bike theft. The police recognised the villain who was already serving a suspended sentence. He ended up in jail.

davidphilips

Veteran
Just ask the police could they contact the pub for the cctv footage, perhaps whoever was in the pub at the time was busy and just could not or did not want to spare the time.

Keep a watch on both gumtree local auctions and ebay in the off chance it turns up.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
That's a very recognisable bike, and a lovely one at that!
It's a shame that nothing is safe any more, isn't it :sad:

Are you/is it insured?

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
They take the lock to prevent the dibble having it dibbed and dabbed, but they needn't bother - since the Government closed the Forensic Science Service submissions now cost around £400 at one of the private providers, and few forces can afford it now for anything but the most serious crimes.

Hopefully the bike will turn up Biff, or the thieves will have a painful accident while riding it.
Fingerprints are still done DIY, or at least they were when we had a theft at work (to rule people out rather than because I was a suspect!).

Top Bottom