Things most people seem to hate but you love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Putin. He looks after Russia, and cares not a jot who he upsets, exiles or murders along the way. As a result things actually get done.

Yeah you gotta love a 'cheeky chappie' murderous dictator, who interferes in other countries elections / referendums, and annexes their territories ...

I mean folks get so over sensitive about this kind of stuff.. What a bunch of sno-flakes

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not like the UK, USA, et al, have never interfered with the democratic process in other peoples countries, unlawfully invaded and occupied other peoples countries, etc, so as a Britisher I don't feel I have the moral authority to complain about someone else getting in on the act.

The bleating from the western governments is only because me old mate Vlad is so much better at it than they are, and to continue to divert attention from said governments continuing efforts to do the same.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's not like the UK, USA, et al, have never interfered with the democratic process in other peoples countries, unlawfully invaded and occupied other peoples countries, etc, so as a Britisher I don't feel I have the moral authority to complain about someone else getting in on the act.

The bleating from the western governments is only because me old mate Vlad is so much better at it than they are, and to continue to divert attention from said governments continuing efforts to do the same.

Ummm sorry?? - When did multiple wrongs start make a right..??

I'd totally agree that a lot of UK and US domestic and foreign policy, both past and present is deeply questionable too.

As a Britisher very concerned about our actions in the world, and still enjoying some freedom of speech, I do feel permitted to have a view, and state it, some might see it as a moral duty even..

"It's not for me to comment"

Is just another way of saying I'm going to ignore Russias terrible record on human rights, stick my fingers in my ears and sing along "tra la la"

As you were then...

Chris S

Legendary Member
On The Buses.
And what exactly was offensive about On The Buses? :smile:

otb1971film-640x368.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ummm sorry?? - When did multiple wrongs start make a right..??

I'd totally agree that a lot of UK and US domestic and foreign policy, both past and present is deeply questionable too.

As a Britisher very concerned about our actions in the world, and still enjoying some freedom of speech, I do feel permitted to have a view, and state it, some might see it as a moral duty even..

"It's not for me to comment"

Is just another way of saying I'm going to ignore Russias terrible record on human rights, stick my fingers in my ears and sing along "tra la la"

As you were then...
I've never said anywhere that multiple wrongs make a right with regards to this matter, so please don't put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is that I find it hard to criticise Putin for doing things that my own country indulges in. If I wanted to start playing that particular blame game - which I don't - I need not go beyond my own nation's borders to kick off round one.

Putin makes no bones about it. No lies to the public, no D notice's gagging the media, no sexed up intelligence dossiers to try and make it look palatable. Nope, he just goes and does it, which makes him the rarest of the rare - an honest politician.

Now, as you were then.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I've never said anywhere that multiple wrongs make a right with regards to this matter, so please don't put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is that I find it hard to criticise Putin for doing things that my own country indulges in. If I wanted to start playing that particular blame game - which I don't - I need not go beyond my own nation's borders to kick off round one.

Putin makes no bones about it. No lies to the public, no D notice's gagging the media, no sexed up intelligence dossiers to try and make it look palatable. Nope, he just goes and does it, which makes him the rarest of the rare - an honest politician.

Now, as you were then.

I thought you said you couldn't criticise because you were a citizen of a country that also does bad things.

Maybe that isn't two wrongs making a right, maybe it's something else..

But to say that what Russia does (or what its leader permits or encourages) is some how more acceptable because it is done openly, seems a rather dubious moral position, and a strange thing to be admiring.

Kinda like 'might is always right' and an admiration of open belligerence, and bullying.

But given previous emenations from this same source, I'm now wondering why I'm at all surprised..

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That the problem. You thought.

I like Putin, because he says it as it is. Or, more frequently, doesn't bother saying anything at all. Get over it.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
That the problem. You thought.

I like Putin, because he says it as it is. Or, more frequently, doesn't bother saying anything at all. Get over it.

Or quite possibly he says it as 'he' sees it, and few dare argue, for fear of the consequences.

That's how bullies, despots, and other abusers of power so often get away with it.

Too few dare to stand up to them.

They just decide to scuttle off, for their own protection when told to 'get over it'.

But as we have observed, sadly many times over, evil prospers when good men (or women) do nothing .

Top Bottom