Things that make commuting pleasant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taxing

Sunny weather with a slight breeze.

Pedestrians smiling at me as I pootle past. (It's the flower on the basket, try one, people love it.)

Slowing down as you approach a red light, and timing it just right so that it turns green right as you get there.

Having shorts to hand at work for when you catch your work trousers on a nail and rip the front out of them! :blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Pootling along and smiling or talking to strangers and sharing that fleeting moment..........
smile.gif

dondare

Über Member
CycleChat.

dondare

Über Member
Being waved to by a coachload of schoolgirls in Finchley, then again in Camden, and again and again....

(This has only ever happened once to me.)

Ste T.

Guru
In the winter evenings, when I've left the traffic and street lights behind and I'm on the last 2 miles of unlit quiet lanes, only the sound of my tyres and the frosty stars for company. Who would want a car?

Silence
A "good morning" from someone alone my route
Tail wind
Down hills
Watching wildlife
Drafting cars
Keeping up with a car I just let past :tongue:
Overtaking (ahem filtering) cars in town
Appreciation from drivers
The 6 scarecrows that have recently been put in the trees around here...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[quote name='swee'pea99' date='16 July 2010 - 11:19:34' timestamp='1279275574' post='1330299']
Drivers showing courtesy and consideration - and in my experience, they overwhelmingly do.
[/quote]

Absolutely. I have met a few stinkers and had some hairy moments, but they are pretty good by and large. That is something that we often forget.
All credit to the vast majority of kind ones.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Chatting happily to drivers at the lights, even the ones that have been a bit careless. It's pleasant anyway, and besides, it tends to make them drive more nicely around me too.

Top Bottom