Things to watch or listen to while turboing :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I've seen a few posts around the various turboing threads about secondary distractions while doing turbo sessions. TV, Films, Radio and Podcasts are fairly common.

Here are a few of mine if I could do it at the moment.

TV
Better Call Saul
Ozark
Bosch

Podcasts
Joe Rogan Experience

Film
The Rhythm Section

Just did a 40min recovery I had https://planetradio.co.uk/forth/ on.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My approach is to make the cycling interesting. Interval sessions, where you're constantly having to anticipate the next change of intensity, video simulations where there's something to watch, or GPX ride simulations where I know the route so I can mentally place myself there.

The last 2 of these require fancy-dan trainer software.

I also have Radio 6 music on normally.

BurningLegs

Veteran
What software do you use for the GPX simulations, @Dogtrousers ?

I use RidewithGPS and Zwift. I suspect RWGPS would be capable of providing the GPX but not sure how that could be imported to Zwift. Perhaps you use something different?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What software do you use for the GPX simulations, @Dogtrousers ?

I use RidewithGPS and Zwift. I suspect RWGPS would be capable of providing the GPX but not sure how that could be imported to Zwift. Perhaps you use something different?
I use the Tacx trainer app (Android tablet) or the Tacx desktop app (Win 10 laptop). GPX upload requires premium subscription (€10 per month or thereabouts). At the moment I'm using the free month I got when I bought by trainer (Tacx Bushido) last year. I'd been saving the free month for a rainy day, but now I think I will renew with real money when the time comes in a few days.

Today I rode a replay of the Hell of the Ashdown sportive (which I had saved in RWGPS) Now I am in considerable discomfort. I may have to get out of my chair some time later in the day, but I'm putting it off.

Other possibilities

* I've also done it - I think - by getting my Garmin Edge 530 to control the trainer . That was a few months ago and I can't remember the details. Perhaps it was a dream. No, I definitely did it. I think.
* Lastly I've signed up for RGT cycling and they are offering their premium services free during Covid. I think this includes GPX upload, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm just exploring what's possible.
Edit ...
* I think Big Ring VR may be another possibility but I haven't tried that.
* Also Bkool, see this post from @Aleman https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/movie-simulations.258998/#post-5942040

I haven't signed up to Zwift, at least not yet. There are just so many options to choose from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom