Things You Find On The Way Home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once picked up a tiny kitten from the middle of the A56 dual carriageway. It had a bloody nose; I reckoned it might have fallen off the underneath of a farm vehicle. I took it to a nearby farm and the wifey said she'd look after it - wish I'd taken it home now.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Rigid Raider said:
I once picked up a tiny kitten from the middle of the A56 dual carriageway. It had a bloody nose; I reckoned it might have fallen off the underneath of a farm vehicle. I took it to a nearby farm and the wifey said she'd look after it - wish I'd taken it home now.
Was that "look after it" in inverted commas? :smile: Did they have a pond?

ChrisKH

Guru
I serviced the Brompton several years ago and noted that my lower stop disc was worn and needed replacing. It's one of these:-

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s155p1308

The following week I was cycling home in the City (Bank) and stopped at some lights. Looked down and a brand new stop disc was sitting in the gutter.
Must have fallen off someone's newly acquired, but badly maintained, Brompton as it was very shiny and new. Now that doesn't happen every week. :smile:

peanut

Mr Pig said:
Here's the little guy in the hands of the girl from the RSPCA, or Scottish SPCA as it turned out.
birdy.jpg

thats one sick birdy .eyes dull and listless. It might have been poisoned.Whats with the blue marigolds:biggrin:

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

peanut said:
Whats with the blue marigolds:biggrin:

Girl's done this before. Unlike idiot pig, who picked the bird up with bare hands.

It had occurred to me that it might've been poisoned. Pigeon fanciers poison them. B*******.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Maz did you mean 'Ptarmikangeroo Down, Sport'?:ohmy:

A

another_dave_b

ChrisKH said:
I serviced the Brompton several years ago and noted that my lower stop disc was worn and needed replacing. It's one of these:-

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s155p1308

The following week I was cycling home in the City (Bank) and stopped at some lights. Looked down and a brand new stop disc was sitting in the gutter.
Must have fallen off someone's newly acquired, but badly maintained, Brompton as it was very shiny and new. Now that doesn't happen every week. :rolleyes:
Your karma account must be running a very healthy surplus :laugh:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Bump!

Just returned from an evening ride where another owl swooped down, flew above me for 20 yards and then sh1t all over me. Thanks owl! I'll be sending Maz down to 'discuss' your protected species status soon.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I wish it weren't a true thing ;), I was lucky to stay on. The fog was bad enough without becoming a bird of prey's crapper.

Top Bottom