Things you have long known but need to be told/reminded of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You know, you are pretty clever/emotionally intelligent/naturally perceptive yourself, but still need to be reminded of some things or have someone state it/restate it in simple terms - to give your consciousness a kick. In the balls/teeth/whatever.

For me, recently, this:

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

Maya Angelou apparently. May be slightly different versions of the quote but amount to pretty much the same.

Often seems to me that once you are past the early stages life is as much about relearning stuff as learning it.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Aristotle was of the opinion that we are born knowing everything, and that life is a process of scrubbing away our innate knowledge. Always struck me as apt, when you watch how young children play and then look at adults - maybe in a car park in the snow - and how they behave as though they had forgotten how to be human, bright, intelligent specimens only to be replaced by dimwits.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Aristotle was of the opinion that we are born knowing everything, and that life is a process of scrubbing away our innate knowledge. .
Thanks. Interesting. Might add scrubbing away diversionary gaslighting stuff some individuals and organisations with axes to grind might try to throw into the mix.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Oh - you too :sad:
yes,10 years ago i'd come away with a bruise and a few blushes,if someone saw me fall off. Now it'd be a broken bone and "Are you ok dear?,let me phone an ambulance for you".:unsure:

Last edited:
Top Bottom