Things you ought to say but can't bring yourself to.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Brave to admit here. Would there be any way at all you might be able to actually say it? I don't know if my dad could ever have said what I think he probably thought towards the end, but I wish he had. All the best, anyway, with whatever you decide to do.
Not brave at all just very sad, but it is even more sad when you find out your a grandfather through a news cutting in the local papers.

OP
OP
M

Mandragora

Not brave at all just very sad, but it is even more sad when you find out your a grandfather through a news cutting in the local papers.
Is there really no way back?

It was the birth of my first child that eventually brought my dad to his stubborn senses. All he had to do was say. I'd got so fed up of putting out olive branches, and also of fretting about his two-year long sulk that I'd given up trying. He was a very, very proud man, totally unable to admit mistakes and bury past grievances, and in the end, when he did say something to my mum ('Is she not bringing that child here, then?') it was such a massive step for him that I, of course, went, complete with baby, in whose hands he was putty. To anyone else it would have sounded miserable and begrudging, to me, it was just a miracle. He wasn't one for admitting he'd been in the wrong, my dad. (I may be cut from the same cloth, of course, now I think about it - hence this thread!)

OP
OP
M

Mandragora

You are my best friend. Yet, I still can't actually say these words to you.

You are fitter than me now.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Sorry da, I realise you were bringing us up in difficult times, and we were not the easiest of kids to deal with anyway. Now if you can promise us that you've changed like ma says you have, we've got a lot of catching up to do. (but you'll just have to put up with me being with an Englishman now)
Done. He is coming to visit my brother and me at the end of the month.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I can't even ride a bike, I just come on here because I like the colour scheme.

You too?? I thought I was the only one!! :laugh:

Its orrible aint it, that morning when you look in the bathroom mirror and an old man stares back at you. :sad: :cry:

...... And then you realise you accidentally left a window open in the middle of the night and its a serial axe murder!! :giggle:

Last edited:
Done. He is coming to visit my brother and me at the end of the month.
Bunny and da are roaring their heads off at an old episode of Father Ted. Which can only be a good thing. Off to the pub later, Bunny won't let us go until she is certain we aren't going to fight.:smile:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Keep repeating to myself the old saying that, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" is just not going to cut it much longer :cursing::boxing:

Top Bottom