Things you wish someone had told you...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobzmyunkle

Never gesticulate to a motorist
I try to give a friendly wave, it's not always possible.
The last time I was slightly less appreciative the driver pulled up his Range Rover*, informed me he was an advanced driving instructor and a cyclist, and threatened to do very nasty things to me. Quite a strange and scary encounter.

* No way am I implying that all Range Rover drivers are aggressive dickheads.

Matty 101

Regular
After the second beer stop fettling.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Everything technical or mechanical you do for the first time takes ages and probably needs three attempts, but it's worth it.

Similarly

You can learn the theory quickly from books, but to be really good at any craft or skill takes a lot of dedication and time, so you really have to love it.

D

Deleted member 26715

You can learn the theory quickly from books, but to be really good at any craft or skill takes a lot of dedication and time, so you really have to love it.
Which is why we are in the state we are in, all of the Politicians we currently have have only read the books.

I try to give a friendly wave, it's not always possible.
The last time I was slightly less appreciative the driver pulled up his Range Rover*, informed me he was an advanced driving instructor and a cyclist, and threatened to do very nasty things to me. Quite a strange and scary encounter.

* No way am I implying that all Range Rover drivers are aggressive dickheads.

Only the ones who claim to be advanced driving instructors!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You mean they can read :ohmy:

In theory

Top Bottom