Things you would rather not hear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can beat that. Went for my married mans op, expecting the main man, nope, this is Dr Smith, he is training and will do your op. Never again, wished I had run away. It went very wrong.
Similar. Went to RNH Stonehouse in Plymouth, as was a serviceman (RAF).
Senior Surgeon Commander, plus a Surgeon Leuitenant Commander, under instruction. Naturally, you don't get asked if this is OK, most especially when the cutters are Navy, and you're a Crab...
The only thing that went 'wrong' was that I discovered I was very tolerant of the local anaesthetic, so after the appropriate time, the Commander, going by the book, said, "Test with edge of scalpel". I made rather a lot of noise.
More local. More time. All well.
Then the next side. I kicked him this time.
"Never knew you Crabs were so ****in' sensitive!"
More local. More time. All well.
Drove myself back to Camborne with my left leg along the bench seat of my old Mazda 1800 automatic.

Last edited:
The word "inappropriate"

Almost always meaningless.

Tell me what the person did/said is alleged to have done/said.

I can take it - I'm an adult.

And can then make an informed decision about the person.

Instead people can be damned/shunned without all but an inner circle (possibly malign) knowing what the hell it was all about.

It's positively Victorian.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It seems to be the trend these days to say "yeah yeah" instead of simply saying yes. I cringe when i hear it. I had a conversation with someone yesterday who didn't just say the 'yeah' twice. They said it four or five times, in answer to a question or statement i put to them.:headshake:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ny neighbor's cockerel when it starts its bloody annoying noise every morning.
In the countryside
On holiday
OK
But not when we are trying to relax with a cuppa in the conservatory.

Top Bottom