Think you're fast on a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No and im not.

How fast was that?

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm definitely going anywhere near that speed when I'm on the bike, but I think a nice three hour ride would be more enjoyable for me than doing a 10 minute blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a member of the Bluebell HPV Racing Team in the 80s. We held (and soon lost) a few records and competed in Europe and N America. We came second overall at the IHPVA Worlds in Vancouver in '86 to Gardner Martin's Easy Racer piloted by 'Fast' Freddy Markham.

Our best 200m sprint speed was 54.38 mph and we held the European record with that. Knowing what was required to achieve that makes the speeds they are reaching these days utterly mind boggling.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Wow. I used to read about you guys in Bicycle magazine.

Serious machinery, but serious athletes.

mickle said:
I was a member of the Bluebell HPV Racing Team in the 80s. We held (and soon lost) a few records and competed in Europe and N America. We came second overall at the IHPVA Worlds in Vancouver in '86 to Gardner Martin's Easy Racer piloted by 'Fast' Freddy Markham.

Our best 200m sprint speed was 54.38 mph and we held the European record with that. Knowing what was required to achieve that makes the speeds they are reaching these days utterly mind boggling.

User3143 said:
+ 1 :sad:
I think the only time my bike has been faster than 50mph is in the back of my car on a motorway.

Will1985

Über Member
What sort of speeds can be attained on a 3 wheeled recumbent/HPV? Less aero but more stable - I'd like to have a go. Is there anything out there more aero than a Windcheetah with a full fairing pack?

Top Bottom