Thinking about gettin dirty...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
See I like solid,as in robust, but I don't want heavy.

What wears out.... bearings, drivetrain, brakes, shifters, seals,rims, discs, and then eventually, when pushed hard enough often enough, the frame. Though that tends to be catastrophic failure mode time, rather than wear and I've only done it two ir three times in 20 years, once in a race and once on an alp. That said my old Rockhopper (of which the frame is the only original component) still serves its new owner on tarmac and my pub singlespeed is a 94 Kona frame.

"Better" stuff just works better, and ime, lasts a bit longer. You get lighter stuff which builds into a lighter bike without compromising strength or durability and that makes for a 'nicer' experience.

I was, frankly gobspmacked by how much mtbs have come on in the last 10 years.

My MTB must be over ten years old now. When I asked someone I know if it was worth getting a lighter MTB the response came back 'only if you intend carrying it around on your shoulder...'

Dan151

Get a bmx :biggrin: it will get you down any trail faster than any mtb :tongue: may come at a cost mind (bones and skin). I seen some insane man do the hamsterley dh course on one for a dare and actually completed the track. I don't think he valued his life

Top Bottom