Thinking of buying a White Industries ENO freewheel but they're £80. Worth it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great stuff. As mentioned in another thread I was looking to change the gearing ratio anyway, so now I have all the more reason to crack on with that. Rather than buy a cheap freewheel now I'll likely persevere with the knocking til Christmas and ask Father C for a WI 16t.

Thanks again for all your help.
Thinking on.... Mine knocked when new as well. The retailer changed the BB on warranty but it didn't make the knocking go away.

I don't remember what caused it now or what made it go away but I think it might have stopped with its first new chain.

I don't remember what caused it now or what made it go away but I think it might have stopped with its first new chain

Your post upthread suggested it was fitting the WI freewheel that stopped it, so I presumed the problem was with the stock Shimano freewheel...?

Did you change the chain at the same time?

ORO

Definitely take it back to the shop. Should not be causing problems so soon. I have some old vintage bikes with 6 speed freewheels, two Regina and one Maillard all still working fine after about 40 years!

Definitely take it back to the shop. Should not be causing problems so soon. I have some old vintage bikes with 6 speed freewheels, two Regina and one Maillard all still working fine after about 40 years!
The OP bought his bike over two years ago, so I'm guessing he's taken it back by now, or else that ship has sailed :okay:

Hi all, I've noticed a knocking / clunk sound when pushing hard down on the crank even more so going uphill. From what I've researched on the net its most likely the freewheel that's causing this noise. My bike is only approx 4 weeks old but I'm already putting quite a bit of mileage on it. The freewheel on the bike is a Shimano. So from what I've read I came across the white industries EMO freewheel and they seem to get good reviews. Anyone reading this have or have uses one. Are they worth the +- £80.

Did you go for the WI Eno in the end?

Top Bottom