thinking of getting a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

yep know I have only had my new bike under a month, but I have been bitten badly by the cycling bug:tongue: and feel that I could do with a higher spec model. I was going to get a new one for college anyway that I can fit some paniers on to and just use that one as a commuting bike and have another race bike for training etc. I have some money in my saving account and well I want to spend it! i have been keeping an eye out on ebay. I was a bit silly with my first choice of bikes as I chose it on looks alone I wanted a girlie one
unsure.gif
but im willing to compromise on my next one. ideally want a womens specific one as am quite petite in frame, setting a budget of 1200 ideally a lot less and need to buy some things for it etc. ive seen a 2008 specilized model on ebay this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Womens-Specia...K_Bikes_GL&hash=item3caef7a45a#ht_1335wt_1137

or would I be better of going into a shop to buy one. is their a time in the year that is cheaper for buying a new bike, ya know like the january sales.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
If you're going to put panniers on it, wouldn't it be better to get a tourer rather than a specific road bike?

LOL RE cycling bug... its not a cheap hobby is it :smile:

Smithy

Veteran
yep know I have only had my new bike under a month, but I have been bitten badly by the cycling bug:tongue: and feel that I could do with a higher spec model. I was going to get a new one for college anyway that I can fit some paniers on to and just use that one as a commuting bike and have another race bike for training etc. I have some money in my saving account and well I want to spend it! i have been keeping an eye out on ebay. I was a bit silly with my first choice of bikes as I chose it on looks alone I wanted a girlie one
unsure.gif
but im willing to compromise on my next one. ideally want a womens specific one as am quite petite in frame, setting a budget of 1200 ideally a lot less and need to buy some things for it etc. ive seen a 2008 specilized model on ebay this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1335wt_1137

or would I be better of going into a shop to buy one. is their a time in the year that is cheaper for buying a new bike, ya know like the january sales.

Be careful if you are thinking about buying this bike as the seller has no previous selling history.

Top Bottom