Thinking of selling my Street Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dbeattie

Über Member
It's quite an old one. Any advice on where to advertise it? Is there demand for these things?
Thanks in advance
Duncan

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This is as good a place as any to advertise a bike.

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
I'm assuming yours is the one I've seen a few times on my commute a while back - Newlands area?
A good while back! I was out on it a couple of times last summer but before that years ago. I rode it down to Newcastle once and got the boat over to Holland and rode around for a few days there and then back to Glasgow. I remember slugging up a hill on the way back and at the top I said to myself I'm not going to hit the brakes till I get over that bridge down there. That was fun.

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member
20170218_081757.jpg
This one

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Have you taken the decals off it?

I'm no expert but that looks like the GT, the chromoly framed version, whereas the GTe was aluminium: the seat looks like the fixed-form seat of the GT rather than the adjustable BodyLink adjustable seat of the later GTe.

Mine was a 1999 GT which I sold on ebay and got near enough what I paid for it. How much are you selling yours for?

Here's mine...

image.jpeg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

I'm no expert but that looks like the GT, the chromoly framed version, whereas the GTe was aluminium: the seat looks like the fixed-form seat of the GT rather than the adjustable BodyLink adjustable seat of the later GTe.

Mine was a 1999 GT which I sold on ebay and got near enough what I paid for it. How much are you selling yours for?

Here's mine...

View attachment 338391
The rider is facing the wrong way and not wearing hi-viz or a helmet. That's going to cause trouble.

OP
OP
dbeattie

dbeattie

Über Member

Here's mine...

View attachment 338391
I must have taken the decals off. I dont know how much I'm selling it for. No idea what a reasonable price would be. Thanks for identifying it.

Top Bottom