Thinking of Trying CX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisb1357

Über Member
Hi all,

Well having been road cycling for just over a year from not being able to cycle 6 miles without collapsing to now being able to ride 75 miles sportive and loosing 2 stone I have now been looking into CX but am a little unsure.

My main worry is I have never tried CX before and the next problem is I don't have any funds to purchase a CX bike and plus am not sure if I will like it or not.

I have a Giant Escape 3 Sports Hybrid (No suspension) with lightweight ALUXX aluminium frame that's not had much use and was thinking of sticking some cross tyres on it and taking the bar ends off and giving a CX race a go. I have noticed a few MTB's on some races and thought would the hybrid be ok to use or should I not waste my time or is it a mad idea.

S-Express

Most leagues will allow any bike to be ridden, providing it is in a serviceable condition.

OP
OP
C

chrisb1357

Über Member
I look after my bikes very well and keep them in good running order so that wont be an issue. Is it recommended to get MTB SPD's pedals and shoes as am use to riding with SPDL Road types on my road bike but they are not suited for CX

Spartak