This is why I love being a cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
I don't drive, and before I discovered cycling I had to walk or take the bus everywhere. So today I had to collect tickets from a venue - 5mile round trip - that would've taken me two hours by foot or meant a bus to town, then to the venue and same in reverse, probably costing me a fair few quid too.
I went on my bike and was home in half an hour and didn't get caught in the rain!
Simple things.

Same feeling here. Need some cleaning stuff for the car, so got on the bike and went to Cortonwood via the cycle paths and a bit of TPT through Manvers. It's car queue hell there at weekends, so bypassed the lot, had some exercise, said hi to a few people. Nice feelgood trip.

ushills

Veteran
Bikes are wonderful things, while on way to doctors today, saw a family out utility cycling, Mom and gran on bikes, dad on bike with two toddlers in a trailer. Lovely sight and would like the opportunity myself but have become too dependant on the car as everything we do is miles away and the kids cannot cycle that far on their own.

defy-one

After spending a day driving in traffic congested London, a cycle ride free's my lungs and my soul

sunnyjim

If my car had been working , I might have driven into work today in a dry solitary metal box, but as it was, (tri)cycled home in stair-rod rain, deep puddles, huge splashes, fountains of spray while the thunder made thundery thundering noises overhead, exchanging greetings with other cyclists, whizzing past miserable ordinary mortals huddled under brollies and bridges, more rain, and arrived home with a huge grin.
As you say, simple things.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
I was out in the rain and thunder today too - it was fine for the first half hour, then for about 15 minutes I wasn't overly impressed, then after that I didn't care! Belted out a few lines of Singing in the Rain - I only know the few lines so I sang them repeatedly -as I cycled. I'm sure the cows didn't mind.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Light, refreshing rain is a joy to cycle in!

Top Bottom