This looks a bargain...am I right?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Ok lets be honest I don't actually need a new road bike, but going by the motto you can't have enough road bikes I was wondering what the forum thought of this model? I am 32ins inside leg but a small reach and with the seat post extended should be a good fit. The group set looks more than respectable and I am presuming both the fork and seat post are carbon. I would ask planet x to put a much smaller stem before purchase but apart from that looks ready to ride...what do you think?
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/DBCL5...-carbon-shimano-ultegra-6700-road-bike---48cm

gbb

Legendary Member
Its not obvious if the geometry is race or relaxed but considering its visually similar to many carbons...my Ribble Sportive / Campag Veloce cost £1200...I'd have been quite happy to consider an Ultegra equipped carbon. It does look excellent VFM.

gbb

Legendary Member
Size wise I dont know but considering my Ribble, like the Holdsworth, only came in 3 frame sizes, I still managed to find a perfectly acceptable fit.

huwsparky

Über Member
I am off similar proportion with long legs, short reach and found myself between two sizes.

After much deliberating I went for the larger of the two sizes (even though it does has the same size top tube as my current bike).

Because I've long legs I decided that the biggest potential problem for me would be the short head tube which on the smaller of the two bikes was 30mm less than my current bike. I just don't think it would have been comfortable on the longer rides and too aggressive.

I'm happy with the way I went as it feels right. I do have a 90mm stem fitted and don't find the steering any different to my other bike (100mm stem) so all's good.

Top Bottom