This looks a good roadbike for £600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

I brought my Pearson on line almost three years ago, I used my Dawes as a template. Compared the dimensions on the Pearson website to the dimensions on the Dawes and used the comparison to pick the frame size and stem length, I also spoke to Pearson and took advice from them. When the Pearson arrived I set the saddle at the same height as the Dawes then fine tuned it over the first few rides, and did the same with the handle bars. The Pearson fits very well and is comfortable.

Thanks for the reply dave r.

It sounds as if you got a good deal. My LBS will be more expensive than Wiggle - but the tinkering with saddle height / gears etc I kind of would like locally - I like the fellow in my LBS - he has never let me down with my MTB.

Maybe I'll test ride some of his stock, and see what I like and buy it online.

It seems a bit devious :sad:

Anyhow I'm determined to be on one of the FNRTTCs. Especially as they finish often near where I live.

Next year - I'll be on a decentish road bike, mixing it with the FNRTTC crew - that's my goal anyway.

jimboalee

Study the specification.

Weight 9.95 kg. That's 22lb... Without pedals... Who in their right mind is going to spend £950 ( original claimed price ) for a 22lb entry level race bike?

At that weight, £600 is more like what it should have been originally.

Shimano 105 and FSA mixed groupo is a sales attraction. How heavy is the frame? To get this bike anywhere near 1 kg lighter, you'll have to spend a fortune on upgrades.

Look at the Felt Z100 at £600. Slightly ( 1/4 lb ) lighter. Heavier groupo ( Shimano 2300 ). Now which one is the bargain?

MajorMantra

Didn't Aldi sell the Focus brand in Ireland?

I remember seeing an Ultegra Focus bike for about €1000

I got my full 105 Raleigh Avanti U6 Pro for under £500 from a Shop in York.

Bargains can be found.

The Aldi bike was a generic frame IIRC, although it certainly had real Ultegra.

I think the Focus is a bargain TBH - 2 years ago that would have been a normal price for a 105 build but at the moment that's pretty cheap.

Top Bottom