1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This morning's commute - What a joy!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by ianrauk, 7 Apr 2008.

1. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

Half term in Bromley. Roads clear of traffic. Makes my cycle commute a joy. :sad:

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Makes mine worse, fewer cars equals higher speeds and more aggression on my route.

3. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Roads nice and quiet here. Brilliant! :sad:

4. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

All the kids are back at School in Manchester - busy again !

5. Maz

Maz Guru

Same here. Kids went back today. Roads busy as usual.

6. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

I kind of forgot about half term - when your kids get beyond school age, you stop living your life by the termly calendar. It comes as a nice surprise when the roads aren't as busy as normal.

7. magnatom

magnatom Guest

My kids haven't reached that stage yet, so I didn't know. However, a few minutes into my commute when I was able to sail past some junctions that are normally choca-block I guessed that it was holiday time. On getting to work, someone told me that the schools are off for two weeks.

:sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

8. I think half term here was last week, a few people I know were away and the roads were quiet. This morning they were quiet too but when I went out to LIDL at lunch time they were packed, a little worse than usual probably due to the bad weather.

9. Ahem – for the more pedantic among us:thumbsup:: all of you referring to it as “half term” – it’s not – it’s the “Easter” holidays – ok ok I’ll get me coat… ;)
    but before I go – that means it should be two weeks off rather than one!!;)

10. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

TC - you are correct, but [ultrapedantmode] those holidays are seldom strictly half term either, as the term is not divided into two equal parts by the occurence of the holiday. [/ultrapedantmode]