This morning's commute - What a joy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Makes mine worse, fewer cars equals higher speeds and more aggression on my route.

I kind of forgot about half term - when your kids get beyond school age, you stop living your life by the termly calendar. It comes as a nice surprise when the roads aren't as busy as normal.

beanzontoast said:
I kind of forgot about half term - when your kids get beyond school age, you stop living your life by the termly calendar. It comes as a nice surprise when the roads aren't as busy as normal.

My kids haven't reached that stage yet, so I didn't know. However, a few minutes into my commute when I was able to sail past some junctions that are normally choca-block I guessed that it was holiday time. On getting to work, someone told me that the schools are off for two weeks.

:sad::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ahem – for the more pedantic among us:thumbsup:: all of you referring to it as “half term” – it’s not – it’s the “Easter” holidays – ok ok I’ll get me coat… ;)
but before I go – that means it should be two weeks off rather than one!!;)

TC - you are correct, but [ultrapedantmode] those holidays are seldom strictly half term either, as the term is not divided into two equal parts by the occurence of the holiday. [/ultrapedantmode]

Top Bottom