This mornings delightful gentleman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Both main brake lights are out too...

It's best not to tell people like this, slightly higher chance then of them being pulled for it.

I'd only bother if he actually threatened me, or admitted trying to knock me. They aren't bovvered, innit

Well i understand the sentiment and agree with you as i would probably of have the same reaction to it myself, but for info purposese for those of a slightly less thick skinned makeup as the law currently stands, threatening and abusive behaviour are one charge, that can not be sepearated, which believe it or not actually even includes hand signals, as far as abusive behaviour goes if the person has not been abusive in a threatning manner they will normally only get a warning, but currently they can get a £80 on the spot fine as its a public order offence.

Try telling someone to F**k off in front of a police officer and your'll see what i mean.

byegad

Legendary Member
Report him. Even if this one doesn't get him a free interview with the police the next will. His attitude, irrespective of the actual distance he passed, is frankly appalling.

habibi

Motorists of this breed are nothing more than bullies and cowards. We all know that, right? Remonstrating with them is truly pointless, as in their minds it only reinforces their sense of superiority -- whiney cyclists thinking they deserve roadspace. So you either ignore them, and live with it, or get right in their face and make it clear they are dealing with an adrenaline charged unhinged nutter who's ready to go toe to toe anytime they are. I tend to savour the look on their face when they realise they are in trouble here, and that ton of metal does not make them the hardest kvnt in town after all. I also believe that next time, they'll think twice about their hierarchical assumptions.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
What a delightful chappie he seems, didnt notice wether u got his number plate in the vid but if you did i would email the vid to the local police, simply down to his abusive nature.

The use of the word 'f8ck' doesn't look like a police matter to me.

He overtook a little close, bad judgement maybe, though the vid doesn't look to close. Both cyclist and driver had a chat, exchanged views and agreed to disagree.

Wouldn't have thought it needs police attention.

What a delightful chappie he seems, didnt notice wether u got his number plate in the vid but if you did i would email the vid to the local police, simply down to his abusive nature.

The use of the word 'f8ck' doesn't look like a police matter to me.

He overtook a little close, bad judgement maybe, though the vid doesn't look to close. Both cyclist and driver had a chat, exchanged views and agreed to disagree.

Wouldn't have thought it needs police attention.

Well from a legal standpoint it is technically a public order offense as are certain hand signals.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Sums up the British public's attitude to cyclist and motorists beautifully.

'get a motor'

I wonder when the Normans started pushing around the Saxons, if they ever came out with "Get a longbow, mate!" :biggrin: ;)

Both main brake lights are out too...

It's best not to tell people like this, slightly higher chance then of them being pulled for it.

crimestoppers + their licence + their "highly erratic standard" of driving mentioned :whistle:

Top Bottom