1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This mornings glorious chicken.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 4 Mar 2008.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Fantastic, now you can get two chickens for £3 in Tesco so I have one for breakfast, one for lunch and another for dinner! :biggrin:

2. Pete

Pete Guest

They must be potent! They've even got to your numeracy braincells....! :biggrin:

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

That's why we get the corn fed ones - less mind bending drugs.......

4. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I bought two packs, each with three chickens in it giving six birds. That lasts me two days.

5. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Nothing like a well-balance diet...

6. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

It's just nice to have the option I think. I'm not saying that I'll eat a whole chicken for every single meal from now on but thanks to companies like Tesco, driving down prices for consumers we can all eat chicken as often as we wish. :biggrin:

Every little helps! :biggrin:

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Corn fed ones taste better..

Ohh no Bonj will be here in a second - what's the benefit of orrible battery chickens vs. nice free range corn fed ones.......

8. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Someone call for Jamie Oliver!!

9. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

You realize you'll end up with chicken thighs and a strong temptation to peck at sweetcorn :biggrin:

10. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

You can put out the spare one for the birds.

11. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Domtyler, if you're eating chicken at every meal, just think it's one more duck, turkey, cow, pig or lamb that can say thankyou to you for delaying there demise a little longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Keith, a lot of us on here have long suspected that you had been touched by genius and this finally confirms it.

Eating cheap battery chickens is good for animal welfare as it saves higher animals from any possibility of suffering.

13. Pete

Pete Guest

Domtyler, you are brilliant! Against that profound logic, reason, and wisdom on the merits of intensive farming, us veggies/part-veggies/organic-eaters really have no case to answer! :thumbsup:

At least he won't end up like that. Judging from the state of most intensively reared poultry, he won't even be able to stand up on his two legs - and as for pecking: forget it, his beak will have been sawn off...;)

14. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Any pics of the fowl Dom?

15. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

all i can think about is roast chook with crispy roast pots! i can almost smell it...