This New Floridian Member Says HELLO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yvon

c1.jpg
HELLO again,

As a new member, I guess the least I could do would be to introduce myself, isn't it? Well, what then could I say first, if not that I am glad I joined your cycling community; a community which seems to be rather active and, thanks to the administrators, well organized.

Now, to tell you a little about myself, let me say that cycling has been my life and if I have given a lot to this sport, I have in return been well gratified, as I successfully competed for many years in several parts of the world.

That said, and to keep short this introduction, I invite you to take a look at my website, a visit which might give you a much broader picture of who I am and what I have done... on land... and on water too!

Yes, you read it right, I "rode" AquaCycle (a pedalcraft of my own design) from the Bahamas to Florida in 1981, crossing also the Western English Channel from Cherbourg to Poole in 1985. In spite of the fact that this episode of my life belongs to yesteryear, I believe that the effort and achievement are still relevant today.

For that reason, I feel confident that the visit I suggest might be of interest to all of you.

Thanks to you all,​

Yvon Le Caer
Florida
http://yvonlecaer.com

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 39

rh100

Hi Yvon and welcome to the forum. Your website, and your cycling history, look very interesting. I have had a quick look but have not read it all yet, but I certainly will do.

andyfromotley

bet fitting mudgaurds to that in the winter is a right bugger! welcome.

OP
OP
Y

Yvon

Flying Fish issue

mickle said:
Welcome Yvon, welcome to the forum, great to have you aboard.

Have you ever been up against the Flying Fish hydrofoil?

----------------------
Hi Mickle and thank you.
No, I have never been against the Flying Fish Hydrofoil as my objective was not to challenge others, but to cross bodies of water like the Gulf Stream (Bahamas to Florida in 1981) and the Western English Channel (Cherbourg to Poole in 1985) ; tasks for which the Flying Fish [a speed machine (14 + mph on short distances)] was truly not designed for.

Top Bottom