This weather.....Hmmph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are any of you lot brave enough to go out in this wind, I was up for a decent ride out yesterday, did all my bits n bobs, sorted a route, decided what to wear and lubed the chain and had an early night.

This morning I got up to the horrendous weather the rest of the country has been getting, not as bad but bad enough to make me cancel the ride.........dont fancy battling 40kmh winds today.

Now what to do, I know I will clean the bike............again:dry:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
if I dont have to go out in it, I wont and Ill jump on the trainer instead. I have to commute though, so its all out for that. Last week was a nightmare, on the to work leg I had a bpm of 160, a cadence of 100, normally enough for me to pull at least 20mph... I managed 11. On the way home I had 145bpm and was doing 29mph!

I hate the wind, Ive flipped the stem on my commuter to try to help combat it.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
No wind here, which is a relief after last night. Trying to find out how bad the roads are so I can decide whether or not to cycle into town today.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Pinched from Twitter: the view this morning of my route into town. Hmmm, think I'll stay at home...

A8iTGMPCUAA1pPD.jpg

PaulB

Legendary Member
Watch someone come on here and blithely inform us it's 60-70 degrees there and the sun's hurting his eyes! He won't be from or living in Britain, of course!

You know what you wanna do? Have a run instead. I did a 10k race yesterday and it brought back the old 'muscle-memory' and I was 25 again! Pity my position wasn't what it would have been when I was 25 like, but all the same, it was as near as I'm going to get.

Sara_H

Guru
I was planning a ride out this morning but I'm not going to bother.
It's really windy AND I've got ladies troubles, which make the legs feel like blamanche at the best of times.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why don't they make a wind gauge for bikes?^_^ A little one that fits on the handlebars would be a very good aid!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
We're meant to be having a re-run of hurricane Sandy here in Northumberland, but apart form something between drixzzle and rain, it's actually quite nice. I'd go out for a ride, but I fitted my weekend one in yesterday, when it was sunny (if a bit frosty/icy)

asterix

Comrade Member
Went out yesterday, roads like rivers, got totally soaked. On the plus side, I don't have to wash the bike now. It once was muddy, and now it's clean!

Top Bottom