This weeks booze recommendation;

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From Aldi;
Beer; Ringwood Boondoggle, a perfect 5% summer ale @ £1.39 a bottle
And for the ladies;)
Wine; A young, white Bordeaux. A decent drop for £3.99
(also got some Spanish rose at £2.99 but haven't tried it yet).

*This may, or may not become a regular feature depending on how p1ssed I am.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Duval.

Doseone

Guru
Organic, refreshing, tiny bit of citrus, almost reminds me of Hoegaarden:cheers:

116467075427.png

From Aldi;
Wine; A young, white Bordeaux. A decent drop for £3.99
(also got some Spanish rose at £2.99 but haven't tried it yet).

Are these on 'offer'? Please remember that on ANY bottle of wine £2 goes straight to the chancellor in duty. He also takes the VAT. Therefore, the chancellor takes £2.67 from the bordeaux and £2.50 from the rose! That does not leave much for Aldi or the poor sod growing the grapes after transport, bottle and label costs are taken into account. I would think the rose is quite unpleasant.

Have you tried the white bordeaux? Both Aldi and Lidl do have some good wines that offer value for money but like most supermarkets you have to wade thru a fair amount of dross to find the good stuff!

Yes, I am biased. Since this year's Budget, you have to pay over £6 a bottle for more than half of that amount NOT to go to the chancellor. Which is why I believe this is the starting price for any wine to be half decent. Pay just a little more and you get a huge increase in quality.

Leodis

Veteran
I got some decent Jennings ale from Aldi the other week, they had Cockerhoop, Cumberland, "bitter" and something else for between 99p - £1.39 per bottle...

Top Bottom