This year's Christmas disaster?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sorry to bring this up but my wife and I have noticed that there's always a disaster around Christmas. So what will it be this year? Train crash? M4 pileup? Ferry sinking? Plane crash? Rampaging gunman in Tesco? Exploding refinery? Religious fanatics?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Remind me, what was the 2006 Christmas disaster ?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Probably already been. There was a nasty pile up on the M62 this morning but it didn't really get on the news :smile:

Rigid Raider said:
Sorry to bring this up but my wife and I have noticed that there's always a disaster around Christmas. So what will it be this year? Train crash? M4 pileup? Ferry sinking? Plane crash? Rampaging gunman in Tesco? Exploding refinery? Religious fanatics?
having to visit family.....:rolleyes:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, there's been a train crash in Pakistan last night. There was a pile up with at least one fatality on the A1 yesterday.

If it could possibly NOT be the 9.44 York/Winchester Cross Country Trains service on Saturday coming off the rails at 100mph, I'd be grateful.

And a Merry christmas to you too.

I think actually, there are disasters happening all the time. We just notice them more at Christmas because everything is supposed to be perfect.

domtyler said:
Anyone going on a club run on icy roads over the holidays?

nope, not after the events of a few years ago when Chuffy poured water onto the road, knowing i'd be going along it later. spent new year's eve in the minor injuries unit being patched up as the wounds hadn't stopped bleeding after several days and i needed a tetanus.

SamNichols

I thought that I'd share this, but my own family has had it's own Christmas disaster already. Some people may remember that a few weeks ago that I said that I was at home due to family trouble, that was this. On the 28th of November, my cousin Iain (the son of my mum's twin sister) was found dead in his hostel room in Cambodia, he was 32 and he suffered from heart failure. Yesterday we buried him. Their family lived in a small village in Cambridgeshire, and around 200 people came to his funeral. He may have been my cousin, but I barely knew him at all; from what I can tell, it would've been good to have known him, as he was a caring guy, a good friend and a good support to a lot of people. Our whole family has been very cut up about it, given the closeness of my mum to her sister, and the suddenness of his departure, thousands of miles from home. Very sad, and not the Christmas we would want in the least.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
SamNichols said:
I thought that I'd share this, but my own family has had it's own Christmas disaster already. Some people may remember that a few weeks ago that I said that I was at home due to family trouble, that was this. On the 28th of November, my cousin Iain (the son of my mum's twin sister) was found dead in his hostel room in Cambodia, he was 32 and he suffered from heart failure. Yesterday we buried him. Their family lived in a small village in Cambridgeshire, and around 200 people came to his funeral. He may have been my cousin, but I barely knew him at all; from what I can tell, it would've been good to have known him, as he was a caring guy, a good friend and a good support to a lot of people. Our whole family has been very cut up about it, given the closeness of my mum to her sister, and the suddenness of his departure, thousands of miles from home. Very sad, and not the Christmas we would want in the least.
Very sorry to hear of your troubles Sam, tragic. Condolences to you and your family.

Top Bottom