Thorn Sherpa Touring Bike. Courier.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
it's really hard to sell second hand bikes im trying to sell my Thorn Audax but so far no joy if thats the wright word ,ill never cycle again back problems only reason im selling.
there great bikes for sure last a lifetime.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Can you get a friend or a family member to help with the admin of selling, advert write up and layout and courier organisation?

These things are a minefield for some but great fun for others. I would genuinely take out any negative phraseology (even on forums) as it comes across that you might be a complacent seller who isn’t overly bothered with moving the bike on. Try and offer the buyers a good experience from the start or they won’t entertain parting with their cash. Value and service is everything.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I've never known them so dead. That bike would have been snapped up a year ago, it's a quality machine at a bargain price.

My elderly client this morning tells me that from October the 31st, you won’t be able to cycle further than the Cliffs of Dover. No point to touring anywhere other than England I hear. There’s your reason.

OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
Great looking bike, Hope some one buys it very soon as i suffer from OCD (obsessive cycling disorder) have more bikes than i could need in a few life times. If it is still for sale in a few days time you may end up posting it to me, looks very tempting.

Hi Dave. If it's any comfort to you, you're definitely not alone with the OCD.

jags

Guru
don't go dropping your price the bike is well worth your original price .i gave up trying to sell my audax i wouldnt get as many question asked if i was selling my house lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTSS

TTSS

Über Member
It's already as low as I'm prepared to go on it. Although I need the space, I'll keep it until the spring if needs be.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A tourer is a common sense bike, but it's a hard sell because it's not sexy like Froomey's carbon dream machine.

Then there's the Thorn factor, they are not to everyone's taste, especially the handlebars on a lolly stick.

Then there's the size, this one looks to be a small, which is only marginally less popular than a large, which you often can't give away.

Twenty six inch wheels are also looking increasingly dated.

None of the above would bother an experienced cyclist (of the right size), but those factors do limit the bike's general marketability.

Top Bottom