Thornes Park (Wakefield) Cyclo-Cross

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by Richard A Thackeray, 13 Dec 2018.

1. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Ian's a good event organiser - quite a lot of my son's club (Kirklees Cycling Academy) will be racing there, along with a couple of the coaches. He doesn't do cross as it involves mud and trees: he tends to get covered in mud and crash into the trees.

He also runs a Tuesday chaingang at the Bkat circuit in Wakefield, 6-7.30pm £2.50 a time which we're at quite often.

2. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Was looking at that one to fill the gap in NWCCA races this year- unfortunately I've been that busy the last few weeks that my legs just won't do me any justice.

Milzy and colly like this.
  3. colly

colly Re member eR

Go on Danny get signed up :okay: I'll even come along and
    throw stuff at you cheer you on.

dan_bo likes this.
  4. dan_bo

I can see a crosser on the cards for you young man. You'd love it.

5. colly

colly Re member eR

Nah. I like the idea but my bike handling skills are on a par with Kevin Keegan.

6. dan_bo

That's half the point!

colly likes this.
  7. I've known him quite a few years, as his daughters went to the same Junior School as mine (mine is now 17)

8. Sniper68

Sniper68 It'll be Reyt.

We were there yesterday.Great event.My son raced in the U12s.It was his first Cross race in almost two years(he decided he didn't like CX) and he loved it:becool:Thankfully it was a cracking Winters morning:okay:He now loves Cross...I knew he would...it's just taken a while for him to take the plunge again...plus he got a new big-bobble hat out of it!
    46287596562_9f4c075d3b.jpg

Last edited: 17 Dec 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice