Those little maintenance jobs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm one of the OCD folk with the bikes / car - look after them...the bikes get lots of maintenance - the commuter get's the most - washed and re-lubed after every wet ride.

Most DIY jobs are done - just the odd stupid one the wife want's I'll put off as the gain isn't much - coat hook keeps coming off the wall because our internal walls are plaster board, and someone (not me) keeps filling it with many heavy winter coats - how many coats do you need....., then it falls off again..... Wife wants an MDF board painting wall colour, then fixing to said wall, so coat hook can go up, and have additional ones lower down for the kids - just more holes in the wall for it to come off again when it get's overloaded. - plus having two young kids hanging about when you have powertools isn't my idea of fun.

I used to have lots more time to do the regular maintenance thing. Nowadays, I have to pay someone to do the car, which means I have to work more hours, which means I have less time to maintain the car, which means ... oh, you get the picture. Bikes are an exception to this rule, though; I can't ever imagine paying someone to do anything on my (or the other half's) bikes.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
... just the odd stupid one the wife want's I'll put off as the gain isn't much - coat hook keeps coming off the wall because our internal walls are plaster board, and someone (not me) keeps filling it with many heavy winter coats - how many coats do you need.....

I'd say do it anyway.

I left a similar job, and the missus decided to hang the blasted thing with "No More Nails", proudly boasting of having hung the hooks herself (but not divulging how). A couple of weeks later, under the weight of many coats, the hooks part company with the wall bringing much plaster with them. So hanging the coat hooks becomes replastering the wall AND hanging the coat hooks ;)

Top Bottom