1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those little STI thingies on the downtube?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by bobbyp, 24 Sep 2007.

  1. bobbyp

    bobbyp Senior Member

    I have no idea what they're called but I need a pair of those things that tick on lever bosses when you're using STI levers. I'm trying to rebuild a dura ace bike but I've mislaid the little blighters.

    Anybody know where I can source them or will I need new levers?
  2. PapaZita

    PapaZita Über Member

    They're known as downtube cable stops, or something like that. They come up fairly often on eBay. A search for 'dura ace stops' finds a couple of sets at the moment. They should only cost a few pounds.

  3. TimO

    TimO Veteran

  4. OP

    bobbyp Senior Member

    Thanks for that, now I know what they're called I found them on SJS. A bit of a bargain compared with £15 from wiggle.