Those wee irritating things - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Don't you just love it when a tractor with a shredding attachment goes down the road trimming the hedgerow - and scatters twigs and thorns all over the cycle path next to said hedgerow - ! :cursing: One of my pals copped a puncture on the way into work because of it, I went onto the road and will have to keep to the road both ways until said debris has dispersed or possibly been cleared. :angry: Don't hold my breath - ! :whistle:

winjim

Smash the cistern
What are these hedgerows of which you speak? Are they anything like dry stone walls?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Also, less deadly because you can at least see over the things and round corners.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
D

Deleted member 1258

They don't clean up down here, just let the traffic disperse the cuttings.

The cycle paths here get cleared of snow but not gritted.

Drago

Legendary Member
That makes 3 of us.

On a related note, I once called the carncil highways to grass up a farmer who'd left an obscene amount of mud on the road. I jokingly commented that they carncil should send the bill for cleaning up the mess to the culprits, and she replied "oh, we do that alright." Perhaps if we grassed on a few of these hedge manglers and they had to pay for the clean up then they might be a bit more careful next time.

Last edited:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Don't you just love it when a tractor with a shredding attachment goes down the road trimming the hedgerow - and scatters twigs and thorns all over the cycle path next to said hedgerow - ! :cursing: One of my pals copped a puncture on the way into work because of it, I went onto the road and will have to keep to the road both ways until said debris has dispersed or possibly been cleared. :angry: Don't hold my breath - ! :whistle:

Seems to be a lot of flailing going on at the moment, it's like the cheap hedge maintenance option, and since council budgets are probably very pressed right now they've opted for some quick and dirty hedge flailing instead of employing grounds maintenance people to do the job by hand. It isn't particularly good for the hedges as it leaves broken and twisted branches in it's wake and increased likelihood of thorns and twigs being left on the road for cyclists to discover.

Top Bottom