Those wee irritating things - !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Interesting question as to whether cyclists have the right to expect that roads (and bridleways for that matter) should be enjoyable / in a good state to cycle (as opposed to drive) on - my feeling has always been that this is not a consideration for Highways England and PRoW council bodies (after all a puncture is annoying but rarely a serious safety risk). Fortunately it's usually possible to find an alternative (albeit perhaps slightly less scenic) route around these parts. Not trying to defend this position, just musing.
While an interesting question as to whether it should be (and after all, a puncture on a descent really can be a serious safety risk), the law has been pretty clear for at least 40 years that the highway must be left in a safe condition without a load of sharps spread across it. Implementing the Highways Act is absolutely a basic job of the various government agencies.

At least modern tyres are by and large considerably more puncture resistant than they were decades ago.
Yes, that's something to be thankful for!

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
swapping tyres to some Schwalbe marathons
I have Marathons on all my bikes, but I'm keeping off this particular section of cyclepath for the time being as it's never wise to challenge the puncture fairy - ! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom