Thoughts on identifying old Triumph bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are some good vids to watch on utube about these style of bikes, particularly those by MonkeyShred. He's done a few sympathetic restores of bikes from this era, by which I mean rod-braked.
You can still buy these type of bikes new over this way, they come from China I believe, and you sure get a of steel for your money. They certainly look bombproof, and as mentioned, best suited to flatter areas.
Got an old Rudge back in the UK at my mum's house, just as a garden ornament, in danger of collapsing under it's own weight any time soon :laugh:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yes, but it doesn't match any of the accepted serial decode info I can find - more info in my first post, including what I have been able to deduce / guesstimate from it. I'm a newbie to this sort of thing with bicycles, so thoughts on those deductions / assumptions would be appreciated, especially if anyone knows more about the serials for that era of non Raleigh branded but Raleigh built bicycles.

Ah, I was more suspicious of the rear one. What gives the front one away as being the replacement,
I think the front wheel is anodized, from the photo the rim is black, unless it has been painted. I believe it would of been chrome.

Top Bottom