Thoughts on the ride..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
All sorts of random thoughts. Songs, designs for weird things (I came up with the easiest way to make a new worktop for some bedroom furniture while riding), and just wherever my mind wanders really. On a ride a few weeks ago I had to stop for a bit because I went past a cafe I'd been in with a mate, and she's currently in NZ. And I miss her...
*sniffles*

Keith Oates

Janner
I sometimes use rides to plan a letter or report also to overcome a work problem but I find if I go too deep in one of these modes the cadence drops so I soon give up on the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Songs come into my head alot. Other then that i will often go past a road and think that its another way to get to where i am going. Or maybe just trying to work out another route and trying to remember it. But one thing i think about alot is nothing. My head just seems to go blank. There are a few times when i've been thinking about things that have happened that day.
I also often watch my shadow as i am going along. It keeps me going for ages and if i am concentrating on the shadow alot, then its made me miss the turn i want.

Joe said:
I get some strange thoughts whilst riding, but they are quickly interuppted by cycling ones (shall I change gear, hows my cadence, should I eat something etc) or the odd amazingly irritating song! I also have a bit of an obsession with watching my shadow:ohmy: I find it quite hypnotising and it's especially good when it's directly in front, must try not too concentrate on it too much though!

i have to confess that i do this as well, i like it most when the sun is in the right place to make my thighs look like Chris Hoys :rolleyes:;)

if i'm riding by myself i tend to reflect on how lucky i am to be out in such beautiful countryside, particularly in spring (not this one the normal one!) or if riding with my neighbour "why doesn't he slow down a bit!" :biggrin:

Windy

Arch

Married to Night Train
I watch my shadow too, although I always think it looks a bit bandy legged, so I hope I don't look like that.

Otherwise, I often get snatches of songs stuck in my head, or lines from books. Or I just watch the wildlife if out in the country (or the different sort of wildlife in town...)

Maz

Guru
I sometimes catch glimpses of my reflection in shop windows and think 'who's that fat git?'

on a freezing ride to holy island (lindisfarne) at the weekend...

'the fog on the tyne it's all mine all mine, the fog on the tyne it's all mine (gazza) COME ON!!'

'run for home, runnin' fast, as I can, whoah-oh, runnin fast, runnin for home...'

hmmm, it's really cold. my head. it's really cold. what if it makes my hair fall out? i'd be bald and have to have a wig. what kind of wig would i have? different or similar to my hair? would people notice?

it's really effing cold.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
on a freezing ride to holy island (lindisfarne) at the weekend...

'the fog on the tyne it's all mine all mine, the fog on the tyne it's all mine (gazza) COME ON!!'

'run for home, runnin' fast, as I can, whoah-oh, runnin fast, runnin for home...'

hmmm, it's really cold. my head. it's really cold. what if it makes my hair fall out? i'd be bald and have to have a wig. what kind of wig would i have? different or similar to my hair? would people notice?

it's really effing cold.

Now that's what i'm talking about...brilliant, wierd. :evil:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Kirsties officially the winner...you can claim your £5 from Bonj.

When cycling to/from work (20 mins - unless I get lost) I'm thinking, 'I wish I could ride all day (even though I enjoy my job).

When out at the weekend, I'm thinking 'I wish I could ride ALL weekend.'
Then my mind starts going off at tangents:
e.g. If I have a two cakes/croissants/chocolate bars, how much further will I have to ride to justify it OR if I ride a lot further than I intended, I can have x amount of goodies as a reward.
My thoughts often turn to food! :biggrin:
But sometimes, depending on my breathing/cadence, a song/beat/rhytym enters my head and it gets STUCK there for hours!

Top Bottom