1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on the ride..

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by gbb, 6 Apr 2008.

1. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

We all let our minds go while mile munching. Mine went a bit OTT today..

So, i'm riding along, i see a Magpie, then various other birds....
    Yeah, what i need is a button i can press when i see something, then i can see how many Magpies i saw on the ride....a button for Buzzards, hopefully Red Kites, why not incude rabbits, definately Sparrowhawks and Herons, dead badgers, occasional deer etc etc etc.

Bugger, i need a lot of buttons...which is which...i need to identify which is which.
    B for badger, M for Magpie etc etc.

Frikkin ell, my handlebars are going to be messy.
    What am i going to conect it all to ?
    What am i doing thinking of all of this cr@p ;):biggrin: I spent an hour thinking of al this cr@p

Anything wierd anyone?
    Fnaar...we all know what youre thinking...but tell us anyway :angry:

2. longers

longers Veteran

Take a stick with you and you could make notches on it with your teeth* while riding to mark the different wildlife you see?

*don't use a knife, that's dangerous!

3. Pete

Pete Guest

Get a helmet cam. (well, everyone else seems to be using them, so...). If you have the sound switched on, you can speak your observations as you ride...

4. Renard

Renard Guest

Usually when I get a ride I am thinking, this is good, it'll be good when I reach the high point, then I don't want to reach the high point and then its too late I've reached the high point.

5. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Gbb just get a piece of string on the handlebars and set up a modified abacus (pinching one of those sweetie necklaces perhaps?).

6. longers

longers Veteran

You are talking about cycling aren't you? :angry:

7. Renard

Renard Guest

Obviously ;)

8. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Yeaaaah right...i thought that...he's not talking about cycling.

I think the same sometimes...:angry:

9. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

I cant be the ony one with wierd thoughts....can i :angry:

C'mon...spill the beans ;)

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

You could probably knock up a simple circuit using stuff from maplin to do that.

11. Renard

Renard Guest

See the post below yours' for weird thoughts...

12. longers

longers Veteran

Sorry, I thought you were asking for advice on collecting wildlife data ;).

I probably do have some weird thoughts on the bike but no more than usual.

I just ignore them until a good one comes along, then try desperately to remember it for five minutes and then am left with only the thought that I should be remembering something but I'm not sure what.

13. Joe

Joe Über Member

I get some strange thoughts whilst riding, but they are quickly interuppted by cycling ones (shall I change gear, hows my cadence, should I eat something etc) or the odd amazingly irritating song! I also have a bit of an obsession with watching my shadow:blush: I find it quite hypnotising and it's especially good when it's directly in front, must try not too concentrate on it too much though!

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

A dictafone type thing would be a lot cheaper, wouldn't it?

Most mobile phones have a sound recording facility, too.

15. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Nooooooo :thumbsdown:
    I'm not even remotely interested in collecting wildlife data :sad:
    It was used to illustrate the cr@p that goes through my mind, at least while i'm riding.
    It was a passing thought that wouldnt shift once it started....surely i'm not the only one who thinks odd things while riding along...