Thoughts on the ride..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
We all let our minds go while mile munching. Mine went a bit OTT today..

So, i'm riding along, i see a Magpie, then various other birds....
Yeah, what i need is a button i can press when i see something, then i can see how many Magpies i saw on the ride....a button for Buzzards, hopefully Red Kites, why not incude rabbits, definately Sparrowhawks and Herons, dead badgers, occasional deer etc etc etc.

Bugger, i need a lot of buttons...which is which...i need to identify which is which.
B for badger, M for Magpie etc etc.

Frikkin ell, my handlebars are going to be messy.
What am i going to conect it all to ?
What am i doing thinking of all of this cr@p ;):biggrin: I spent an hour thinking of al this cr@p

Anything wierd anyone?
Fnaar...we all know what youre thinking...but tell us anyway :angry:

longers

Legendary Member
Take a stick with you and you could make notches on it with your teeth* while riding to mark the different wildlife you see?

*don't use a knife, that's dangerous!

Pete

Get a helmet cam. (well, everyone else seems to be using them, so...). If you have the sound switched on, you can speak your observations as you ride...

Renard

Usually when I get a ride I am thinking, this is good, it'll be good when I reach the high point, then I don't want to reach the high point and then its too late I've reached the high point.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Gbb just get a piece of string on the handlebars and set up a modified abacus (pinching one of those sweetie necklaces perhaps?).

longers

Legendary Member
Renard said:
Usually when I get a ride I am thinking, this is good, it'll be good when I reach the high point, then I don't want to reach the high point and then its too late I've reached the high point.

You are talking about cycling aren't you? :angry:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
I cant be the ony one with wierd thoughts....can i :angry:

C'mon...spill the beans ;)

bonj2

gbb said:
We all let our minds go while mile munching. Mine went a bit OTT today..

So, i'm riding along, i see a Magpie, then various other birds....
Yeah, what i need is a button i can press when i see something, then i can see how many Magpies i saw on the ride....a button for Buzzards, hopefully Red Kites, why not incude rabbits, definately Sparrowhawks and Herons, dead badgers, occasional deer etc etc etc.

Bugger, i need a lot of buttons...which is which...i need to identify which is which.
B for badger, M for Magpie etc etc.

Frikkin ell, my handlebars are going to be messy.
What am i going to conect it all to ?
What am i doing thinking of all of this cr@p ;):biggrin: I spent an hour thinking of al this cr@p

Anything wierd anyone?
Fnaar...we all know what youre thinking...but tell us anyway :angry:

You could probably knock up a simple circuit using stuff from maplin to do that.

longers

Legendary Member
gbb said:
I cant be the ony one with wierd thoughts....can i :angry:

C'mon...spill the beans :angry:

Sorry, I thought you were asking for advice on collecting wildlife data ;).

I probably do have some weird thoughts on the bike but no more than usual.

I just ignore them until a good one comes along, then try desperately to remember it for five minutes and then am left with only the thought that I should be remembering something but I'm not sure what.

Joe

Über Member
I get some strange thoughts whilst riding, but they are quickly interuppted by cycling ones (shall I change gear, hows my cadence, should I eat something etc) or the odd amazingly irritating song! I also have a bit of an obsession with watching my shadow:blush: I find it quite hypnotising and it's especially good when it's directly in front, must try not too concentrate on it too much though!

simonali

Guru
Pete said:
Get a helmet cam. (well, everyone else seems to be using them, so...). If you have the sound switched on, you can speak your observations as you ride...

A dictafone type thing would be a lot cheaper, wouldn't it?

Most mobile phones have a sound recording facility, too.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Nooooooo :thumbsdown:
I'm not even remotely interested in collecting wildlife data :sad:
It was used to illustrate the cr@p that goes through my mind, at least while i'm riding.
It was a passing thought that wouldnt shift once it started....surely i'm not the only one who thinks odd things while riding along...

Top Bottom