Thoughts on Van Rysel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
They do look nice, but quite pricey for the spec.

It's decathlon - and I love decathlon stuff - always a decent price and a solid product. Seen these in store today and they look the part.

My only gripe would be for that sort of cash I would want disc brakes - not that there is anything wrong with caliper brakes - I just thinks discs are the future - and you can't upgrade.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
You might struggle to actually get one as stock is very limited and there is bit of a lottery with ordering each day (due to Covid and excess demand) , a neighbour wanted one and gave up in the end and bought a Canyon instead

CH99

Regular
I’ve got the £850 alloy version and it’s awesome. Same wheels & groupset from the looks of it.

If you are able to get one I’d recommend taking it to your LBS pretty soon after delivery. I went in for what I thought was a small adjustment and they spent 45 mins reconfiguring the gears and derailed. Apparently it had been built horrifically and as I’m a pretty new cyclist I hadn’t realised.

They didn’t charge me so they’ve got a customer for life 👍🏼

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Very nice looking bike and coming in under 8kg is good for that price point. Nothing wrong with a bit of wear and tear on a used cycle but if going full carbon its probably wise to buy new, unless you really know what you are looking at.

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

Now, I've been thrown a curve ball about disc brakes !

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

I'm quite prepared to wait and have it ordered - not desperate as I'm still going out riding on the Tricross.
Might just contact them guys, look stunning bikes.

Top Bottom