Thread Views not updating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
I've noticed that the number of views no longer seems to be updating. HaloJ spotted this when she visited potsy's Threads you are active in.. which had no views and showed the same after viewing it. I've viewed this thread a few times now and it still says no views. Other threads have not increased the number of views after I've visited them either.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've noticed that the number of views no longer seems to be updating. HaloJ spotted this when she visited potsy's Threads you are active in.. which had no views and showed the same after viewing it. I've viewed this thread a few times now and it still says no views. Other threads have not increased the number of views after I've visited them either.

I'm having a similar problem. I hit View New Content (orange tab thingy top right) and I get a "no new content message" without any recent posts listed.
I'm probably just being stupid, but could somebody tell me how to view all recent posts not sorted into forums?

Thanks.

potsy

Rambler
Definately some strange things going on with the 'view new content' feature,sometimes it comes up 'no new content', I try again straight away and it comes up as normal,even with posts that were not shown previously which should have been there when you see the time they were posted :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
There's a time delay of up to 15 mins for items to appear in new content (something to do with not over-cycling the content queries into the database or some such).

So if it doesn't appear immediately, it should do after a little while.

There are some other oddities with View New Content - some of which will be addressed in a new update due out in a couple of weeks.

Can't have it all running perfectly now can we ... where's the fun in that ... lol

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

Top Bottom