Three or four days at Easter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Help me plan…because planning is half the fun!

We have four days in the Easter hols for touring. 50 miles per day. Road (but quiet lanes as my son is only 12). Doesn’t have to be flat but rolling rather than hilly (as my son is only 12!). Hotels/BnB instead of camping! An hour or two max from Marlborough as a start point!

What would you do? Where would you go?

All uphill

Still rolling along
Help me plan…because planning is half the fun!

We have four days in the Easter hols for touring. 50 miles per day. Road (but quiet lanes as my son is only 12). Doesn’t have to be flat but rolling rather than hilly (as my son is only 12!). Hotels/BnB instead of camping! An hour or two max from Marlborough as a start point!

What would you do? Where would you go?
Gloucester, Cotswolds, Bristol and Bath appeal?

Lots to see, not too hilly, nice cafes :okay:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There's most of a nice-looking loop doing NCN24, 3, 26, 33 and 4 around Bath, Frome, Wells, Cheddar, Nailsea and Bristol, except that Frome to Wells has no signposted route. I think you could make it up to 200 miles by riding from Marlborough to Bath and back a different way, and detour from Wells through Glastonbury and Wedmore. I'm not sure whether the stopping points would fall neatly in places with accommodation, though.

HelenD123

Guru
Head into Wales and use the southern section of the Lon Las Cymru as inspiration.

EDIT Chepstow, Cardiff, Brecon, Hay on Wye, Abergavenny, Chepstow

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Marlborough, South to Pewsey, across Salisbury Plain, to Salisbury for some city. Back up through Warminster, Westbury and to Devizes, canal back to Pewsey and home.

Top Bottom