Through the Flood waters like Moses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Went out for a normal 25mile ride at lunchtime and about 2/3rds of the way round the heavens opened in a BIG fashion. I've never seen raindrops that size before. Within 1 min the road was flooded and about 1-2inches deep. There was no shelter around, so I just got on with it with people in passing cars giving me strange looks as if to say "you must be mad". I wasn't going to get any wetter so why not carry on?
Was actually quite enjoyable but braking was very dodgy and soft, so I was going slower than normal. One bad side effect is that due to the depth of the surface water I couldn't see a very nasty pothole, struck it and burst the front tyre.
angry.gif

Upon inspection it had a 2cm gash in the wall so was utterly un-mendable. Anyway at this stage I was only 1/2mile from home so just walked it back.

Anyone else get soaked today??????

paulb55

Über Member
yep, same here,

went on a 20 miler around Earlswood and Weatheroak Hill via Hopwood and was getting to about 3 miles from home and could hear these tremendous bangs, like bombs going off and blow me down, it was thunder so thought of cutting my ride short, but then thought what the heck carry on

Well it came down in bucket loads and took shelter under a canopy of the working mans club with all the smokers talking to me and telling me i am mad cycling in this weather, (i wanted to say that when i left it was lovely)
It really was heavy rain, so waited for about 10 mins and then still raining got on my bike for that last mile and boy did i enjoy that last mile

I was going through all the puddles like a 6 year old kid hyped up on sugar, loved it and when i got home my legs were wet through my tights but my upper body was dry as had jacket on

Really Really enjoyed that last mile and its interesting the looks you get from motorists and people walking when you are cycling along in the rain SMILING, Brilliant
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 15
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 19