Thru axle newbie needs help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
New bike arrived today and jolly nice it is too. The front fork has a 12mm thru axle which I'm sure will provide the ridigity that I never knew I needed. I have a small problem though, the fork and current wheel is has a 12mm bolt while my new super-duper lightweight, super stiff wheels have a 15mm hole. So, how am I able to put my shiny new wheel on without it being all wobbly?

TIA

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Whoops....
Most wheel manufacturers do adaptors for the various axle standards that are around now. Your wheel as it stands simply would not fit the fork. I have a set of Hunts, they do http://www.huntbikewheels.com/colle...l-carbon-disc-and-aerolight-disc-wheels-black this lot. You'll almost certainly need a specific part for your wheels.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just checked Fulcrum's product page- they are 12mm through axle compatible. If there isn't a widget in the box I'd contact your retailer, failing that the distributors...

OP
OP
outlash

outlash

also available in orange
I've just sent an email off to i-ride (Fulcrum's UK distributor) asking about the necessary adapters. We'll see how it pans out. The sales patter clearly states you can use them on 12mm bolts so I'm assuming it's a simple matter of they were missed in my box or I need to get a pair of adapters.

Top Bottom