Thumbs Up Initiative??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hackbike 6 said:
Not so much of the thumbs up for me but more of the hand up thingy.I've been doing it for a few years.It can mellow motons down a bit.IMHO
I tend to use the hand thing also, sometimes however I'm not in position to take my hands off the bars and try to make eye contact smile and nod thanks instead, I hope they see this.

Mr Pig

Yes, it's a good idea. As a car driver I've often got the thumbs up from motorbike riders, I indicate left to let them know I've seen them and it's safe for them to pass, but I've never thought to use it myself. I give a wave but a thumbs up is a clearer signal.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ComedyPilot said:
just as drivers that do the 6" @ 60mph that'll-scare-him pass get a Gareth Hunt coffee shaker hand signal.

I've had quite a bit of luck with doing a big swerve far out into the road and back again, obv. timed to be well in front of the approaching car with plenty of safety margin. So far it's got everyone passing me the other side of the white line, LOL!

No doubt a significant portion of the drivers in the area are now talking about that unpredictable dangerous rider on a low black recumbent and his death wish.

Yeah, the thumbs up thing is a good idea - I do it all the time. We all know we've a right to be there but what's the harm in spreading around a few superflous thak you's...

Top Bottom