Thumbs up to Essex Extra Eyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

Very occasionally (3 or 4 times in the last few years) I have submitted video footage to extra eyes. For those that don’t know, you submit incidents of bad driving, the police review it and prosecute or not. This week I had someone pull out from a side road, and if I hadn’t taken swift action I would have been hit. I believe the driver saw me (made eye contact) and either misjudged my speed or thought ‘what the hell, I’ll go anyway’. Result was a course offered or a conditional offer (ie fine and points). The point being this; I find it quite disempowering being a potential victim and being left cursing etc at the side of the road at a disappearing car. This really is a bit of a game changer, I know I can take action and Essex police seem to take these incidents seriously. I’m a great believer in acknowledging courteous driving, a nod or a wave, but also holding bad/dangerous drivers to account. I’d strongly recommend anyone in Essex using this service, or your forces version wherever you’re based.

Top Bottom