<thumps head on desk>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, it's no good. I've spent all day staring at Access, trying to put together a simple database but my brain just refuses to function. I feel like a blind, quadreplegic gibbon being asked to solve a Rubik's Cube. If things don't improve tomorrow I'm going to have to trade myself in for a lump of coal.

Don't worry; I never sussed Rubik's cube, either! ;)

If at first you don't succeed, give up. There's no point making a damn fool of yourself. - Mark Twain

Melvil

Why not try an MS Infopath and MS Sharepoint Combo for databases? They work pretty well and you can send out digital forms that when sent back will integrate smoothly back into the database with minimal work from you...

TimO

Guru
Taken straight from my desk:

rubiks.jpg

I had one when they first came out, and never got anything more than two layers sussed. I solved the folding thing in one weekend, and the clock thing didn't even take a day, but I still haven't solved the cube. Danged difficult bugger.

Melvil

TimO said:
Taken straight from my desk:

rubiks.jpg

I had one when they first came out, and never got anything more than two layers sussed. I solved the folding thing in one weekend, and the clock thing didn't even take a day, but I still haven't solved the cube. Danged difficult bugger.

I remember Rubik's magics and the 'special edition' grey ones...they were ace but prone to breaking very easily!

bonj2

I bet it's probably not much comfort to know that I could easily do it. Hee hee ;)

if you've got any specific questions mate let me know. is it that there's one specific bit that you can't figure out how to do, or lots...or that you just can't really be bothered trying to force a fisher-price database to do a man-sized job...

Melvil

Keith Oates said:
Melvil, how long did it take you before it became 'prone to breaking'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooh, depending on mood between about five minutes and five hours! ;)

Problem with Rubiks magics was that you couldnt' cheat easily by taking them apart and putting them back together again, like you could with a Rubiks cube. And does anyone remember that popular book back in the day which had some swiss/scandinavian kid who was, like, a world expert in solving the cube?

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
It's not a 'can't do' it's a 'brain won't do'. Which is why I was getting so annoyed.

Melvil - Cheers. Two more MS products of Evilbill's minions to play with each other and do hideous things. Marvellous! Think I might give those a miss....;)

Melvil

Chuffy said:
It's not a 'can't do' it's a 'brain won't do'. Which is why I was getting so annoyed.

Melvil - Cheers. Two more MS products of Evilbill's minions to play with each other and do hideous things. Marvellous! Think I might give those a miss....;)

Soz Chuffy...! Hope access is good for you today!

Mr Phoebus

Thumping your head on the desk will kill off more brain cells, making the task even more harder than when you first started.
No dribbling now!

TimO

Guru
rikki said:
TimO

Is that my tax file number (3rd column 17th row on the RHS)?

I hope that page doesn't mean anything - to anyone important.;)

LOL, I thought of that, but it isn't important or I would have used a plain sheet as background. If you are curious this is the sheet. It's mostly a hex dump of the science portion of a DoubleStar Mission Fluxgate Magnetometer data packet, since I was tweaking the script to decode data when in Gradiometer mode. Happy now? :biggrin:

Top Bottom