Thunderbird 1 final launch.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Loved (probably still do) Thunderbirds. RIP.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thunderbirds one of my favourite TV shows as a kid
Me too. Back in the days when families had (at most) one TV, no means of recording shows, and no internet to catch up on!

Thunderbirds used to be on at the same time as Top of the Pops and my teenage sister used to want to watch that. After a couple of weeks of fights over it, a compromise was enforced by our parents - we took it in turns to watch our choice at home, and on the alternate weeks went to watch it at a friend's house.

It is odd that the strings never bothered me, but CGI does. I think it is because puppets didn't look real and weren't supposed to. CGI gimmickry IS supposed to look real, but often still doesn't!

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Used to be Saturday mornings here.

Wonder if we'll get it repeated.

Both seasons of the CGI version are out on DVD. Season 3 may follow. I actually quite enjyed the CGI version and interested to see some youtube vids on model work used in the show. But classic show is my all-time fave (don't even go near the 2004 movie).

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I had thunderbird one,two,three and four (within two) as a kid.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
In the 1960's, the cast recorded some audio-only episodes which have now been 'expanded' into TV episodes but made traditionally with miniatures & puppets. Check out 'Thunderbirds 1965' and the fascinating documentary on how the lost world of supermarionation was recreated for these three episodes.

Top Bottom